If you’d like to field a team in this year’s BBQ on the Bow Competition, please fill out the online team application form at the link below.
BBQ on the Bow
September 3rd & 4th, 2017
Montgomery Community Center
5003 16 Ave NW Calgary, Alberta
$10,000 in cash prizes for Grand Champion, Reserve Champion, Third Overall, Fourth Overall, Individual Categories & Chef’s Choice.
Teams compete for prize money and a chance to cook at the American Royal in Kansas City, and a shot to win a draw to compete at the World Invitational Jack Daniels BBQ Competition in Lynchburg, Tennessee.
Saturday, September 3rd
- Out of town teams – please let us know your estimated time of arrival on your form.
- We can place rigs and some teams on site Friday during the day from 4 till 9 PM
- Site Management will show all teams to their spot upon arrival.
- It is mandatory to bring ground covering or plywood to go under your BBQ’s, lids, worktables and space to protect the grass.
- For those who bring their own tents: 1-2 ONLY 10 x 10 tent allowed. All tents must be coded with a fire retardant label sewn directly into the tent [Alberta Fire Code regulation CAN/ULC-S109]. All tents must be weighed down with sandbags or concrete blocks. Please note that the City Building Inspectors will be on site to inspect.
- KCBS and Calgary Health Services recommend bringing your own Hand Wash Station – see Calgary Health Services site.
- You are required to bring your own fire extinguisher, meat thermometer, plastic garbage cans with lots of bags, grease bucket, small plastic wash basin, disposable gloves, bleach solution, charcoal, broom and degreaser.
- Please strip plastic off tables, kick-down & stack your tables at end of event. Bag your garbage and take it to designated garbage area. Your help is appreciated.
We have a small block of rooms booked at the Sandman Hotel & Suites Calgary West
125 Bowridge Drive NW Calgary (about a 5 minute drive to the competition)
Our rate is $120 + taxes for a King Suite.
King Suites have a king bed in the bedroom and in a separate sitting area there is a double pull out sofa bed and efficiency kitchen.
Sandman Hotel & Suites Calgary West is a 100% smoke-free property, offering a heated indoor pool, whirlpool, fitness centre, complimentary outdoor parking, 24 hour gift shop and business centre, 24 hour front desk guest services, safety deposit boxes, Bar One Urban Lounge and a 24 hour Denny’s Restaurant.
Guests can make their own reservations by contacting our Central Reservations
1-800-SANDMAN (726- 3626) or contact the hotel directly at 403 288-6033.
A credit card will be required at time of reservation.
A valid credit card is required to hold any guests rooms under the group block In order to receive the correct rates, callers please reference:
Group Name: BBQ on the Bow 24th Annual Competition
Group #: 198516