The Alberta Cup 2023 – 5 events.
- Qualifying events are all events held within the province of Alberta
- Qualifying events must be 2-day, 3 meat sanctioned events
- Qualifying season runs from January to December
- Typically, the final event is held in early September at BBQ on the Bow
- The team that achieves the highest cumulative score will be declared the winner of the Alberta Cup
- Teams are not required to compete at all qualifying contests to win (This means that teams with high scores in some events may opt not to attend one or more remaining qualifying events, taking a chance that their high scores will be enough to win. This allows for the possibility of teams that finished with lower scores, but attended all events, finishing with a higher cumulative score and winning the Alberta Cup)
- Alberta Cup champion team will receive free entry to the Alberta competitions the following year (excluding new competitions being introduced in subsequent years)
- Alberta Cup prizes are : $TBD in cash. A free entry in next years participating events. and a new Yoder pellet smoker YS 480
Alberta KCBS events:
Small Town Smoke Down Bassano, Alberta
Smoke, Wind and Fire Raymond, Alberta
Didsbury Lions BBQ Didsbury, Alberta
BBQ on the Bow Calgary, Alberta
Embers and Ice Strathcona County, Alberta
Winning team will be requested to hang a banner at 2024 events to promote the Alberta Cup and our sponsors.