The Alberta Cup 2017 – Over $45,000 in prize money at 3 events.
- Qualifying events are all events held within the province of Alberta
- Qualifying events must be 2-day, 4 meat sanctioned events
- Qualifying season runs from January to December
- Typically, the final event is held in early September at BBQ on the Bow
- The team that achieves the highest cumulative score will be declared the winner of the Alberta Cup
- Teams are not required to compete at all qualifying contests to win (This means that teams with high scores in some events may opt not to attend one or more remaining qualifying events, taking a chance that their high scores will be enough to win. This allows for the possibility of teams that finished with lower cumulative scores, but attended all events, finishing with a higher cumulative score and winning the Alberta Cup)
- Alberta Cup champion team will receive free entry to the Alberta competitions the following year (excluding new competitions being introduced in subsequent years)
- Alberta Cup prizes are : $1000.00 in cash. A free entry in next years participating events. and a new Yoder pellet smoker YS 480
Alberta KCBS events:
Smokin “Q” Aldersyde, Alberta
Porkapalooza Edmonton, Alberta
BBQ on the Elbow Calgary, Alberta
BBQ on the Bow Calgary, Alberta
Winning team will be requested to hang a banner at 2018 events to promote the Alberta Cup and our sponsors.